Monday, March 31, 2008

My favorite foods (the good kind)

As much crap as I binge on, there are a few foods I LOVE because they're filling, satisfying, with lots of protien and little calories.

  • egg whites: protien rich to avoid headaches and fatigue. Also feeds you muscles so your body eats up only your fat.
  • lettuce: I like it with the spray-on vinagrette. It lets you count calories, with 1 calorie per spray. Romaine is my fav.
  • Edamame beans: Good protien and filling for 90 cals for a half cup. Don't eat too many, though. A fav of Victoria Beckham.
  • Celery: Negative calories, satisfying to much on.
  • Carrots: Juicy, filling
  • Meal bars: Only if you are eating very little that day. About 200 cals, but it's a MEAL with protien and lots of vitamins.
  • RyKrisp: 25-50 cals per cracker, pair two with a small amount of cheese, and it's a good, very filling, 200-cal meal.
  • Water: everyone's best friend
  • Broccoli: Good for you, and one of my fav veggies.
  • Diet dinners: I hate TV dinners. Never filling, always gross, but there have been some better ones lately if you're eating around 800 cals like me (for now). Any lean cuisine meals with chicken are good, and satisfying, just make sure to avoid the ones with creamy sauce ... creamy=fatty.
  • Tofu: 40 cals for a fairly large amount. Bake, grill, or scramble with just about anything. Good for protien, and some are enriched with vitamins.
  • Multivitamin: Keeps metabolism normal, if not better. Keeps your body looking healthy, not sickly, and I have that problem when I lose.

No comments: